Vision to Value: Venture Fundamentals in a Day
Back by popular demand, Early Stage East's education program returns.
Experts in their fields will focus on funding opportunities, financial
management and exit strategies.
- 9:30am - 10:00am
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Effectively Negotiating with a Venture Capitalist
- Advance Planning to Raise Capital
- Strategic Considerations - Venture Capital
- Negotiating with a Venture Capitalist
- Summary and Analysis of a Venture Capital Agreement
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- 1:15pm - 3:30pm
- Interactive Workshop Series
During this interactive workshop series attendees will participate in each roundtable, discuss their own business challenges specifically relating to the roundtable topic and have the opportunity to "ask the expert".
- Venture Roundtable
Being prepared is being protected - pitfalls commonly experience in venture deals.
Participants will discuss the protective provision often requested by investors or included in documentation which can leave you up the creek without a paddle or without control of your company. You will learn which provisions are most dangerous to you and how to avoid them.
- Financial Management for Early Stage Companies
Understanding a Company's Valuation Enhances Your Ability Negotiate
Participants will discuss the impact of the valuation process and their ability to negotiate funding. You will gain an understanding of the factors that influence the value of emerging growth companies from both the entrepreneur and investor point of view.
Preparing for the Exit
- 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Talk with Successful Entrepreneurs
- 5:30pm - 6:00pm
- Gala Opening Reception